The term "Gideonite" was chosen to identify with the principle illustrated by the story of Gideon and his small band of men (Judges 6-8). Through faith and perseverance, these men gained a resounding victory athough they were greatly outnumbered. The Gideonite Training Programme (GTP) aims to train and deploy extreme disciples to share the gospel, win new believers, and plant mission-minded G12 churches throughout Asia.
If you always longed for a hands-on experience in missions, the time is now! Join the Gideonite team as you embark on a 1-year church planting mission in Japan or Timor Leste. Registration for 2021 closes in April.
Objectives of the GTP
- To plant mission-minded G12 churches in Asia and among the UPGs of the world
- To train and equip disciples to share the gospel and disciple new believers in other countries
- To provide FCBC members with an opportunity for hands-on experience in missions
Overview of GTP (Four Modules)
- GTP Phase 1 (GTP1): This is a preparatory phase. A 2-hour class is held once a week over a period of 10 weeks. The primary objective is to introduce participants to life in missions. The course includes a brief glimpse into the different aspects of GTP, as well as information to prepare a person to become a Gideonite team member.
- GTP Phase 2 (GTP2): This is a 3-month live-in programme conducted in FCBC. Selected trainees are grouped into teams with a designated Gideonite Mission Leader (GML) and trained for church planting purposes. The training consists of 3 specific areas - missions training, ministry practicum, and personal development.
- GTP Phase 3 (GTP3): This is a 9 to 12-month field programme. It is the practical application of all that has been taught in the previous Gideonite modules. The goal of this phase is to plant a FCBC G12 type church in the targeted nation. The team is engaged in a disciplined daily schedule of prayer, contact making, evangelism, and discipleship. As time progresses, new believers will form open cells, and finally a worship service is started. The team works hard to raise up local open cell leaders before returning home.
- GTP Phase 4 (GTP4): Re-entry and Debrief. A series of classes and practical ministry is conducted over 4 half days at FCBC. This is designed to reorientate the returned Gideonites to life back in their home country. The course aims to provide closure to the mission experience and marks the end of the GTP in its entirety.
Criteria for Gideonite Team Member (GTM)
- Born again Christian for at least 3 years
- FCBC-baptised member
- Completed SOL3
- Above 18 years old
- No parental objection (if member is below 21 years old)
- Faithfully attending FCBC services
- Giving tithe and offering
- Free from debt
- Ideally single or couple with no children or has grown up children
- No ongoing girl or boy relationship
- Of reasonably good health (physical and mental)
- Faithful, available, submissive and teachable
- Prepared for 1 year of unbroken service in the field
- Will return together with the Gideonite team
- Able to pay fee of S$1,800
- Cell leader or cell intern
Criteria for Gideonite Mission Leader (GML)
- SP12 or SP144 member
- Should have a calling
- Mission experience
- Able to train and leave with the Gideonite team
- Able to stay in the targeted nation for 3 years
- Cell leader or G12 leader
- Fulfil criteria of GTM (Items 1 to 13)
Click here to sign up for GTP.
For more details, please email email@example.com.