The term "Gideonite" was chosen to identify with the principle illustrated by the story of Gideon and his small band of men (Judges 6-8). Through faith and perseverance, these men gained a resounding victory athough they were greatly outnumbered. The Gideonite Training Programme aims to train and deploy extreme disciples to share the gospel, win new believers and plant mission-minded G12 churches throughout Asia.
If you always longed for a hands-on experience in missions, the time is now! Join the Gideonite team as you embark on a 1-year church-planting mission in Japan or Timor Leste. Registration opens yearly in December and closes in March.
Objectives of the Gideonite Training Programme (GTP)
- To plant mission-minded G12 churches in Asia and among the UPGs of the world.
- To train and equip disciples to share the Gospel and disciple new believers in other countries.
- To provide all FCBC members an opportunity for a hands-on experience in missions.
Overview of Gideonite Training Programme (GTP) – Four Modules
- Gideonite Training Programme Phase 1 (GTP 1). This is a preparatory phase. A two-hour class is held once a week over a period of 10 weeks. The primary objective is to introduce participants to life in missions. The course includes a brief glimpse into the different aspects of the GTP as well as information to prepare a person to become a Gideonite team member.
- Gideonite Training Programme Phase 2 (GTP 2). This is a three-month live-in programme conducted in FCBC. Selected trainees are grouped into teams with a designated Gideonite Mission Leader (GML) and trained for church planting purposes. The training consists of three specific areas : classroom lessons in Faith Community Bible School (FCBS) , ministry practicum and personal development.
- Gideonite Training Programme Phase 3 (GTP 3). This is a nine to twelve- month field programme. It is the practical application of all that has been taught in the previous Gideonite modules. The goal of this phase is to plant a FCBC G12 type church in the targeted nation. The team is engaged in a disciplined daily schedule of prayer, contact making, evangelism and discipleship. As time progresses, new believers will form open cells and finally a worship service is started. The team works hard to raise-up local open cell leaders before returning home.
- Gideonite Training Programme Phase 4 (GTP 4) - Re-entry and Debriefing. A series of classes and practical ministry are conducted over four half days at FCBC. This is designated to re-orientate the returned Gideonites to life back in their home country. The course aims to provide closure to the missions experience and marks the end of the GTP in its entirety.
Criteria for Gideonite Team Member (GTM)
- Born again Christian for at least 3 years
- FCBC-baptised member
- Completed SOL3
- Above 18 years old
- No parental objection (if member is below 21 years old)
- Faithfully attending FCBC celebration services
- Giving tithes and offering
- Free from debt
- Ideally single or couple with no children or has grown up children
- No ongoing girl or boy relationship
- Of reasonably good health (physical and mental)
- Faithful, available, submissive and teachable
- Prepared for one year unbroken service in the field
- Will return together with the Gideonite team
- Able to pay fees of S$1,800
- Must be a cell leader or is currently a cell intern
Criteria for Gideonite Mission Leader (GML)
- LN12 or LN144 member
- Should have a calling
- Missions experience
- Able to train and leave with the Gideonite team
- Able to stay in the targeted nation for 3 years
- A cell leader or G12 leader
- Fulfil criteria of Gideonite team member (Items 1 to 13)
For more details, please email email@example.com.