This past week, Bishop Oriel Ballano, G12 Coordinator for the Philippines, conducted a two-day teaching for our pastoral staff at TOUCHCENTRE. We were very blessed. The Lord has been using him greatly in the Philippines and around the world. He has carefully crystallised the essence of the G12 Vision in simple terms that are very easy to understand, and also worked out how the G12 Vision can be implemented.
One of the key thoughts he shared with us was that the essence of G12 is the realisation of the blessings of the gospel in the lives of every believer. This is born from the ladder of success: Win, Consolidate, Disciple and Send. These four steps are the four key blessings of the gospel.
1. WIN: The new believer is brought back to God.
2. CONSOLIDATION: The new believer is given help to get started on this journey with God. This includes daily devotions, joining a cell group and being faithful in coming to church.
3. DISCIPLESHIP: The believer gets his/her life in order through personal discipleship and LifeClass training.
4. SEND: The disciple is trained to be spiritually fruitful in leading a cell group, making disciples and conquering new goals for the Lord. This is accomplished through personal mentoring and Destiny Training.
What really struck me during Bishop Oriel’s sharing was that being fruitful, winning souls, making disciples, leading cell groups and achieving new goals are all part of the realisation of God’s blessings in our lives. For a believer, being fruitful and experiencing multiplication is returning to the destiny that God gave to man in Genesis 1:28, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
This destiny is for every Christian, and not just a selected handful of especially gifted or specially called ones. This is the essence of the G12 Vision: To help every believer experience the full blessings of the gospel! Hallelujah!
- Senior Pastor Lawrence Khong